Exercise is the first thing we all push aside when we have a busy schedule. As you leave work at the end of the day, do you find yourself making excuses to why you shouldn’t go to the gym? As the day progresses on, we think “I’ll just go to the gym tomorrow” or “I’ll just start next Monday.” Did you ever stop and wonder why you dread going to the gym so much? Well, maybe you’re just doing the wrong workout!
It’s important to do what you enjoy to keep your workouts interesting. If you were excited about your workout, do you think you would adhere to your program more regularly?
Maybe it’s time to look into some new options such as meeting a friend after work to hold you accountable or trying a new class like Pilates, Boxing, Barre, SoulCycle or Tabata! There are so many other ways to get your exercise for the day other than just the monotonous gym routine. Most gyms offer a wide variety of classes; check out what your local gym has available.
So what are these classes all about?
- Pilates: A training method that focuses on strengthening your core. Pilates elongates and strengthens, improving muscle elasticity and joint mobility.
- Boxing: Not only will you get a great workout, it’s a great stress reliever too! Benefits to boxing include enhanced cardiovascular health, improved strength, decreased stress, and improved body composition. Don’t have time to go to a boxing club? Try theboxmethod.com, you can do a virtual boxing class right at home!
- Barre: A total body workout that utilizes the ballet barre. By performing small, isometric movements you really sculpt those muscles! Look for a Pure Barre club near you. They have 375 studios across the country!
- SoulCycle: An indoor cycling class that incorporates free weights and core work to give you a great workout in just 45 minutes! SoulCycle has become a popular form of exercise since 2006; they now have 74 clubs across 9 states.
- Tabata: Workouts that include intervals for 4 minutes of high-intensity training, alternating between 20 seconds of your max effort followed by a 10 second rest for a total of 8 rounds. With these fast-paced, fun workouts you’ll burn a ton of calories!
There are so many new classes offered out there! Also, some of the local gyms now have a cardio cinema too! You can get your heart rate up doing your aerobic exercise while watching a new movie-it sure makes cardio much more enjoyable!
Click on the link below for a variety of other classes that will increase your heart rate and focus on your health without dreading the daily gym routine.