No time to Exercise? Having trouble fitting Moving into your busy work day? Try these changes to your daily morning routine to increase energy into your day (perform these in any order and OFTEN).
- Drink a 4-8 oz. glass of water (room temp.). Before you fill your cup with coffee, refresh with water. Add a zing of citrus by adding a lemon, lime or an orange slice.
- Open your chest and your heart. Take a deep breath stretching your arms overhead, as you exhale release your arms behind your back stretching the chest and shoulders. Do this as many times as you need throughout the day.
- Exercise Circuit: Do 10 repetitions of each. Squat – Reach/Stretch arms overhead & behind back – Sink or Floor Push-ups – Stand and stretch again – Step the right leg back, bringing knee towards floor. Repeat with the left leg. – Twist your torso to the left and then twist right. Repeat 2-4 times.
- Start the day on a positive note: state 3 positive things in your life.
- Make a plan to fit moving into your day by including walking meetings, taking stairs, park farther away from work entrance, stand to read emails and/or talk on the phone, and perform seated chair stretches when you are able.
You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.