We’ve all heard that fiber supports digestive health & heart health and most of us know the basics…that fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains are good sources of fiber. But, even when we eat these “basics”, some of us still fall short on meeting our fiber needs of about 28 grams per day. In this post, we’d like to highlight some unique, yet simple products that you can incorporate into your diet to boost your fiber intake!
- Explore Cuisine Organic Black Bean Spaghetti: With just black beans as this pasta’s ingredient, this nutritious and tasty spaghetti provides 12 grams of fiber in one serving! Top this pasta with your favorite tomato sauce, broccoli and some grilled shrimp for a quick meal! Available at most supermarkets like Shop Rite as well as online.
- The Good Bean Crunchy Chickpeas Sea Salt: Have a handful as a tasty snack or throw some into a salad as a crouton-alternative! These roasted chickpeas provide 5 grams of fiber per serving. Available at health food stores, online and at Wegmans.
- Kashi Cocao Nib, Almond & Coconut Overnight Muesli: With high fiber grains and seeds, this easy-to-make breakfast (or snack) packs 9 grams of fiber into your morning! Simply add unsweetened coconut milk to the single-serve cup and let it soak overnight for a portable, tasty meal. Available at most supermarkets.
- Nugo Nutrition Fiber D’Lish bars: With a wide variety of flavors to choose from, Fiber D’Lish bars pack 12 grams of fiber into a satisfying, tasty snack! These bars are found in health food stores, supermarkets and online
- Wasa Fiber Whole Grain Crispbread: These crunchy crackers have 5 grams of fiber per 2 “slice” serving. Top them with hummus, guacamole or nut butter for a nutrient dense snack. Available at most supermarkets.