This farro stuffing with cranberries and walnuts is a healthy twist on a holiday dinner staple that doesn’t sacrifice any flavor. Farro is an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and protein and also contains vitamin B3, zinc, magnesium, and iron.
- 1 cup Farro
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cook farro according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat frying pan over medium high heat, add walnuts and toast for about 5 minutes or until lightly fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Remove walnuts from pan and chop. Add walnuts to bowl with cooked farro.
- Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Add onion and celery to pan and sauté for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add cooked onion and celery to bowl with farro and walnuts.
- Stir cranberries, thyme, and salt into the farro mixture.
- Toss farro mixture with apple cider vinegar.
- Use stuffing in any recipe that calls for stuffing or serve as a warm or cold side.