If you are trying to add more beans into your diet, try this recipe as it uses white beans, which are protein-rich and full of vitamins and minerals. They are also an excellent source of dietary fiber.
- 3 cups white beans, drained
- ½ (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ ounce chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine beans, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, olives, onion, parsley, mint, and basil.
- In a jar or small bowl, combine oil and vinegar; shake together or mix well. Pour oil and vinegar over the salad, and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally, to let flavors blend.
Yum, great recipe idea!! I love artichokes. 😉
Keep up the great work!