Banana-Berry Chia Oatmeal
This fiber-packed, baked oatmeal is a tasty way to satisfy morning hunger. Bake a batch on a weekend morning and re-heat individual servings throghout the week as needed.
2 Medium-ripe Bananas; cut into thin slices
2 c Berries (any type)
¾ tsp Cinnamon
1 c Uncooked Rolled Oats
½ c Chopped Walnuts
½ tsp baking powder
½ c Chia Seed
1/8 c Honey
1 c Almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange sliced banana on the bottom of the dish. Top with 1 cup of the berries and ¼ tsp cinnamon. Bake for 15 minutes, until bananas are soft.
- While the bananas cook, mix oats, ¼ cup walnuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon and chia seeds in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the honey and almond milk together.
- Remove the bananas from the oven and pour the oat mixture over the top. Then pour the honey/milk mixture over the oats.
- Sprinkle the remaining berries and nuts on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes and serve warm.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 12g (1g Saturated Fat), Cholesterol 0mg, Carbohydrate 40g, Fiber 10g, Protein 7g, Sodium 30mg