Place a tray of raw vegetables next to this tasty dip for a healthy party snack!
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp cumin powder
1 Tbsp pickled jalapeno pepper juice
1 Tbsp pickled jalapeno peppers
1 red onion, finely chopped, divided
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp hot sauce
2 ripe avocados, cut in half, skin and pits removed
1 Jalapeno pepper, cut in thin slices, divided
1 bunch cilantro, washed and de-stemmed
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 yellow tomato, chopped
2 red tomatoes, chopped
2-3 green scallions, white parts only, finely sliced
1/4 cup pitted black olives
1/2 cup red chilies
- In a pan lightly coated with cooking spray over medium heat, add black beans, cumin powder, and pickled jalapeño juice and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, five minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a pan lightly coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat, add the chopped red onion. Sauté until onion is soft and translucent, about five minutes. Add pinto beans and hot sauce and continue to cook, about five minutes more. Transfer to high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped red onion, avocados, chopped jalapeños, lime juice, and chopped cilantro. Mash with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add yogurt and lime juice. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add tomatoes, remaining red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and scallions. Stir to combine, season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Assemble dip in a large rectangular platter. To layer vertically, start with the two kinds of beans, guacamole and salsa. Create small pockets with a spoon for yogurt, olives and red chiles.
Nutrition Information: 270 calories, 9g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate, 14g fiber, 14g protein