These easy to make stuffed mushrooms will be a winner at your Super Bowl celebration!
Serves 10 (as an appetizer)
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 cup chopped spinach
2/3 cup diced white onion
4 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
24 oz. can of crushed tomatoes (with basil)
10 basil leaves, chopped
20 baby portobello mushroom caps
optional mozzarella or Parmesan for topping
- Set oven to broil (500° F) and line baking sheet ready with parchment paper
- Toss diced onion into a skillet with olive oil and cook until soft. Add in peppers and garlic;cook until tender.
- Add in crushed tomato and spinach. Let simmer for five minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, wash the mushroom caps, making sure the stems are fully removed. Evenly place them on the baking sheet.
- Remove sauce from stove and lightly place sauce in mushroom caps until full. Top with cheese if desired.
- Place stuffed mushrooms in oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.
Nutrition Info (without optional cheese) per serving: 84 calories, 3g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 11g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 3.4g protein, 239mg sodium